1929: UF’s theatre program traces its roots to the formation of the Florida Dramatic Society, under the direction of Professor H. P. Constans, with the production of three one-act plays in University Auditorium.
1931: The Florida Dramatic Society dissolves and a new organization, Florida Players, is formed.
1956: The College of Architecture and Fine Arts created.
1967: Constans Theatre opened with a production of Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night.
1975: The College of Architecture and Fine Arts divided into two colleges. The Department of Theatre created.
1994: UF became a partner and the degree-granting institution of the award-winning New World School of the Arts (NWSA) in Miami.
1996: Center for World Arts established.
1997: The BFA in dance performance was created as a joint degree between NWSA and UF.
1998: Academic unit renamed Department of Theatre and Dance.
1999: Center for Arts, Healthcare, Research and Education (now Center for Arts in Medicine) founded.
2000: Digital Worlds Institute, co-sponsored by the Colleges of Fine Arts and Engineering, established.
2004: Nadine McGuire Theatre and Dance Pavilion, including the renovated Constans Theatre, dedicated as new home of the School of Theatre + Dance.
2013: The School of Theatre + Dance partners with the Hippodrome Theatre on their first co-produced stage production, Avenue Q.
2014: A $108,000 technology fee grant, matched by the School, establishes a new multimedia lab and allows for the renovation of the G-6 Dance Studio and Black Box Theatre with advanced projection design technology.
2014: The School of Theatre + Dance formalizes internship agreements with the Hippodrome Theatre in Gainesville (for MFA Performance students) and with the Asolo Repertory Theatre in Sarasota (for MFA Design/Production students).
2015:Agbedidi, the School's annual West African dance concert founded by the Center for World Arts, celebrates its twentieth anniversary under the direction of Mohamed DaCosta.
2015: The School of Theatre + Dance begins a summer, new works developmental partnership with Tilted Windmills Theatricals, a NYC commercial theatre production company.