3rd Annual Arts in Health Research Intensive
January 27-31, 2020 at the University of Florida
The Arts in Health Research Intensive is a five-day residential program presented by the University of Florida Center for Arts in Medicine and the UK Arts Health Early Career Research Network. It provides a rich introduction to the evidence base around the arts in health and the fundamentals of evaluation and research. No research experience is necessary, and scholars at every level are welcome. This intensive alternates being hosted annually between the United Kingdom and Florida.
What to Expect
This course is suitable for anyone with a background or interest in the arts, healthcare, community health or social care, and research, and who wishes to learn more about the field and meet others who share their interests. Program participants will:
- explore the development and scope of the field
- learn about psychological, physiological, social and behavioral effects of arts participation on health
- discover research and evaluation methodologies
- discuss practicalities and issues in carrying out research
- engage in group-based debates, activities and presentations
- develop a research plan
Dr. Daisy Fancourt, University College London, UK; Director, Arts Health Early Career Research Network
Jill Sonke, Center for Arts in Medicine, University of Florida
Partial scholarships, based on merit and financial need, are available. Scholarship awards typically range between 20% - 50% of the program fee. You can apply for a scholarship when you register. Please note that the deadline to apply for scholarships is typically in early autumn.
- Online registration: Currently Closed
- 2018 Research Intensive Schedule
- Travel and accommodation recommendations for UK intensives: click here
For more information, please contact email@example.com
To stay connected, please sign-up for our newsletter to receive information about registration, early-bird discounts, and scholarship opportunities.