- Date & Time
Saturday, October 08, 2016 1:00pm to 3:30pm
Welcoming Gainesville is excited to partner with Ignite Applied Theatre to offer a unique opportunity to have fun and to express yourself in a new way through improvisational theater with a social impact. The aim of this one-time workshop is to give you a taste of how theater and the arts can help create more inclusive communities and foster understanding and collaboration within diverse groups of people. Our future work with Ignite Applied Theatre will bring stories of newcomers such as immigrants, international students and refugees to life through regular Playback Theatre performances and other community events and programs. To learn more visit www.welcominggainesville.org.
At this workshop you will be invited to:
- Participate in a fun and gentle warm up of your voice, self-expression, imagination, senses and ability to listen to others.
- Experience community in a simple yet very real way.
- Learn and practice one basic Playback Theater (improv) form.
- Feel deeply seen and heard after someone plays back your story (sharing is always optional).
People of all ages and backgrounds are welcome! No acting experience is required.
Workshops will be held on Saturday, October 1, at the Alachua County Library District Headquarters Branch in Meeting Room B from 10 am – 12:30 pm and on Saturday, October 8, at the Emmanuel Mennonite Church from 1 pm – 3:30 pm.
- VenueEmmanuel Mennonite Church
1236 NW 18 Ave
News Post : Dec 6, 2022+ More