- Date & Time
Saturday, January 23, 2016 — through
Monday, January 25, 2016
The University of Florida (UF) School of Music is pleased to present the 2016 International Brass Festival: Year of the Trumpet at the UF School of Music January 23-25, 2016 in Gainesville, Florida. The three-day event will feature internationally recognized guest artists Luis Araya, Roger Blackburn, Joe Jamerson and the Gainesville Brass Quintet, Jens Lindemann, and the Potsdam Brass Quintet. The festival, which is free and open to the public, includes numerous master classes and recitals and is open to musicians of all ages.
“Soloists, orchestral trumpeters, chamber musicians, scholars, educators, freelancers and others will come together to perform, demonstrate and discuss the different career opportunities for young musicians, as well as the skills needed to be successful in whatever they pursue,” said Lee, host of the festival. “If you’ve ever wanted to learn more about the trumpet, be inspired by great playing or observe what happens when you gather a bunch of trumpet players into one room, come to this event.”
The 2016 International Brass Festival is supported in part by Cannonball Musical Instruments, SUNY Potsdam, UF Bands, UF School of Music and the UF Office of Research. Join the conversation online by using #BrassFestUF.
Schedule of Events:
- Saturday, January 23, 9 a.m., Steinbrenner Band Building: Warm-up with Dr. Randolph Lee
- Saturday, January 23, 10 a.m., Steinbrenner Band Building: Life on the Road Master Class with Luis Araya
- Saturday, January 23, 11 a.m., Steinbrenner Band Building: Music and Entrepreneurship Master Class with the Gainesville Brass Quintet
- Saturday, January 23, 11:45 a.m., Steinbrenner Band Building: Music with an Outside Field Master Class with Joe Jamerson
- Saturday, January 23, 1 p.m., Steinbrenner Band Building: Brass Chamber Music Master Class with the Potsdam Brass Quintet
- Saturday, January 23, 2 p.m., Steinbrenner Band Building: Orchestral Trumpet Master Class with Roger Blackburn
- Saturday, January 23, 3 p.m., University Auditorium: Potsdam Brass Quintet Recital
- Saturday, January 23, 5 p.m., Music Building, Room 101: Trumpet Celebration Concert with Guest Artists
- Sunday, January 24, 7:30 p.m., Music Building, Room 101: Closing Concert with Jens Lindemann
- Monday, January 25, 12:50 p.m., University Auditorium: Solo Trumpet Master Class with Jens Lindemann
- VenueSteinbrenner Band Hall
- Room #
- Some events take place in UF's Music Building Room 101. Please see the full schedule of events to confirm locations.
1556 Inner Road
- Steinbrenner Band Hall Website
Editorial : Feb 21, 2023+ More