The University of Florida Carillon Studio is made up of students who can read and play music and have auditioned and committed to upholding the tradition of performing in Century Tower. The studio meets as a class once a week alongside private lessons with the professor.
In the News
Studio member Wade FitzGerald was recently featured in The Independent Florida Alligator. Check it out here.
The 40th Anniversary of the UF Carillon was highlighed on WJCB 20 News. Here's a link to the story. The College of the Arts released a video documenting the day, check it out here.
Daily Performances in Century Tower
Performances on the University of Florida carillon may be heard Monday thru Friday during the fall and spring semesters at 12:35 & 4:55PM. Occasional summer performances will occur at 12:15 & 4:45PM.
The UF Carillon Studio Concert Series
Concert performances will be held on the following dates for Fall 2019:
- Sunday, August 25, 3PM: UF University Carillonneur Laura Ellis performs. Click here for the program.
- Sunday, September 22, 3PM: The 40th anniversary of the installation of the UF carillon! Here's a copy of the program and a link to a great article about the event in The Gainesville Sun. A number of former studio members performed in an Alumni Concert at 1PM. Check out what they played here on a concert entitled "My Favorite Things".
- Thursday, October 31, 7:30PM: Halloween Spooktacular with combined organ and carillon studios. A live stream of the carillon portion of the concert may be found on our Facebook Page or here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/ufcarillonstudio/
- Sunday, November 17, 3PM: UF Carillon Studio -- Guest artist John Gouwens performs this program
- Saturday, November 23, 3PM: Wade FitzGerald plays works of Johan Franco (honors thesis recital). Click here for the program.
- Sunday, December 8, 3PM: Annual Holiday Concert
The UF Carillon Studio Concert Series offers listeners the chance to hear the UF Carillon performed in a fifty minute recital. Programs are distributed at the south base of the tower and listeners are encouraged to find a location at least 100 feet from the tower for an optimal listening experience. Bring a blanket or lawn chair!
Join us on Facebook!