- Date & Time
Friday, November 09, 2018 6:00pm to 9:00pm
The School of Art + Art History invites the Gainesville community to enjoy a night of art, performance and fun at Art Bash on Nov. 9 from 6 to 9 p.m. Visitors can immerse themselves in the creative process at this interactive showcase of the visual arts, hosted in the courtyard and surrounding buildings of the UF Fine Arts Complex, 400 SW 13th Street.
Student artists, designers, future museum professionals, historians and educators bring the arts to life and welcome visitors to participate in games, activities and tours of open studios.
Studios will feature a wide array of art disciplines including drawing, painting, ceramics, sculpture, graphic design, printmaking, creative photography, art + technology, and visual arts studies, complemented by a pop-up museum and events organized by art history and art education.
All events are free and open to the public.
Events, performances and activities include:
- DJ Brady Bauer
- Giant puppet performances by the Workshop for Art Research and Practice (WARP)
- Video projections
- Open studios
- Exhibitions of student work
- Photography students’ show in the Libby Gallery
- Live screen printing
- Live raku firing and a participatory clay-throwing Olympics
- Interactive mural painting
- Collaborative drawing
- H.O.T. Clay, Voxgraphis Design, and sculpture pop-up shops
- Harn Museum of Art photo ops with props
- Raffles & prizes from Alpin Bistro, Cypress & Grove Brewery, Dragonfly Sushi & more
- Sticker and button giveaways
- Refreshments and exhibits in the Architecture and Fine Arts Library
- And much more!
Video : Nov 13, 2018+ More