- Date & Time
- Thursday, February 09, 2017 12:50pm 2017-02-09 12:50:00 pm1969-12-31 07:00:00 pmAmerica/New_YorkJeff Conner, "The Portfolio Musician: Case Studies in Success" - Guest Artist ClinicMusic Building Room 101 (MUB 101)
Join UF School of Music for the guest artist clinic "The Portfolio Musician, Case Studies in Success" with Jeff Conner on February 9, 2017 at 12:50 p.m. in Music Building, Room 101 (MUB 101).
“The Portfolio Musician, Case Studies in Success” clinic is designed to challenge, engage and assist young musicians conceptualize their potential as a musician in the music industry. Students will learn how to start an ensemble, launch a music career, derive multiple income streams, manage your finances, and build and maintain a network. This workshop is a must for students who want to know how to start and run a successful ensemble, as well as anyone who is wondering how to launch a successful and financially sustainable career as a musician.
The presentation will cover the following topics:
- The Portfolio Musician, Case Studies in Success
- Your Musical Toolbox
- Why the business of music is important and necessary for all musicians
- The 3 "P's" People, Passion and Perseverance
- The importance of networking and being a good colleague
- Finances - The importance of financial literacy, mastering the money game
Jeff Conner is the only original member of Boston Brass. With over 27 years of chamber music and management experience he has engineered the meteoric rise of the ensemble's fame in the world of popular chamber music. Jeff received his master's degree in Music from Boston University and his bachelor's degree in music from Boston Conservatory.
"Boston Brass trumpet virtuoso, Jeff Conner, is sharing his remarkable talents with aspiring young musicians around the world. In addition to being an innately gifted artist, Jeff is a master educator; all those who are fortunate enough to be a part of his signature clinics are the benefactors of his knowledge and wisdom. Being a part of Jeff's clinics is a memorable experience certain to have a positive lasting impact." - Tim Lautzenheiser, Attitude Concepts, Inc.
Alumni News : Mar 23, 2017+ More