The University of Florida College of the Arts was developed from the School of Architecture, which was established in 1925. In 1975, the previous College of Architecture and Fine Arts was divided into two colleges, the College of Architecture and the College of Fine Arts. In 2010, the College of Fine Arts celebrated its 35th anniversary. In May 2014 the college changed its name, becoming the College of the Arts.
Many arts programs, however, have flourished since UF’s earliest days. The UF Band Program got its start in 1913, and the Men's Glee Club was founded in 1907. The painting and drawing programs began in 1929 and became the basis for the School of Art and Art History.